Commonly Asked Questions Regarding Enrollment:
- What is an "Enrollment Interest" Form?
- Is there a fee to be placed on the "Enrollment Interest" List?
- When will I know if there is space available for Fall enrollment?
- If I do not register at "Early Bird" Registration, does this mean there
will not be a space for my child?
- When may I visit / tour the school?
- When will my child visit?
- If my ideal program is filled, can I be put on a waiting list?
- Does my child need to be potty trained?
- Can I enroll my child at any other time during the school year?
1. What is an "Enrollment Interest" Form?
Please communicate your potential interest to us by filling out the "Enrollment Interest" form and return it to the Pine Grove office by mail to 32 Foreside Road, Falmouth, ME 04105. We create our Enrollment Interest List (used for the order we register families) from these forms. Your position on this list is determined by the DATE your form is received by our office. Top
2. Is there a fee to be placed on the Interest List?
No. When a child is registered, a registration fee and tuition deposit will then be
due to secure the slot. Top
3. When will I know if there is space available for Fall enrollment?
For those parents who have researched and visited several preschool programs and know they want to sign their child up at Pine Grove, we offer "Early Bird" Registration. "Early Bird", is an evening in which Registration takes place after our In-house, Sibling, and Alumni Registration, on an evening in mid-January. A mailing will go home in the beginning of January with all the details of date, time, January Open House Night, etc. Parents present at "Early Bird" Registration may sign up for an open slot in the order that Pine Grove received their Enrollment Interest Form. Top
4. If I do not register at "Early Bird" Registration, does this mean there
will not be a space for my child?
If space is available, we continue to register students after "Early Bird" Registration and throughout the spring and summer. Top
5. When may I visit / tour the school?
Typically, parents visit first without their children so that we may best serve you and your questions (but we are flexible with those parents who are unable to get care for their child). Please call Sharon at 781-3441 to schedule an appointment to tour the school and see a Montessori program in action. Top
6. When will my child visit?
We plan two student visits for children enrolled for the Fall prior to school starting in September. The first student visit is in May and the second is Orientation Day, which is held the day before school begins in September. Top
7. If my ideal program is filled, can I be put on a waiting list?
Yes. Already enrolled students can be put on a "priority" waiting list when a program is full. Families not enrolled are wait-listed in the order we receive a child's "Enrollment Interest" form. Top
8. Does my child need to be potty trained?
Your child does not need to be potty trained to register, but will need to be in underwear and "well on their way" to being trained (with occasional accidents) by the first day of school. If your child is not trained by the beginning of the school year, his/her name will be put on an inactive "priority" waiting list, and when potty trained and an opening is available, he or she may enroll. Top
9. Can I enroll my child at any other time during the school year?
Yes. Children can successfully begin during October through April as openings occur. Since both the teachers and classmates take a new student "under their wings", most children transition into the classroom successfully. It doesn't take long for children to feel comfortable with the daily routine and classroom materials. Top